Take control of your disk space today and give DiskFerret a free 30-day test drive.
“I started up DiskFerret and within seconds it showed that I was carrying approx. 15GB in 2 files, within five minutes my SSD gained extra space... This is one happy customer.“
- Fast visual feedback of disk usage by size, type, date, attribute, or owner.
- Quickly identify where disk space is being used.
- Eliminate unwanted, unused, temporary, backup and obsolete files.
- View disk space by size, type, attribute, owner.
- Find duplicate files.
- Quickly identify the largest, smallest, oldest or newest files.
- Identify file owners using the most space.
- Pre-configured and customizable filters to analyze by file type, name, date, and size. (includes regular expression support)
- Global exclude filters to eliminate specified folders and files, or files with specified attributes, from scans.
- Quickly remove space wasting junk files and protect your privacy with the Cleanup Wizard.
- Print any data view.
- Reduce cost of data management.
- Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8
- Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012
- 32-bit & 64-bit Supported
- Then try our free product, DiskFerret Lite. That's right, it's totally free!
- DiskFerret Lite runs in your browser, so there is no downloading or installing necessary.
- Just click on the link and you're off and running.
- When you need to analyze your disk space utilization, but you don't need the full power of a professional disk utilization analysis, use DiskFerret Lite.
Disk Space Analysis and Management
DiskFerret is a disk space utilization tool that analyzes the files within a hard drive, network share, or folder, and provides charts and detailed information to help you understand where and how disk space is being used. A variety of interactive charts are provided that allow you to quickly drill down and isolate files based on different criteria such as largest folders and files, oldest files, duplicate files, files by owner, and more. Once you've located the unwanted files that are wasting disk space, DiskFerret provides the tools to delete them, or move them into a zip file. Take a tour of DiskFerret's features.
Data Storage and Management is Expensive
Over the years, disk space has become fairly inexpensive, but programs and data files are expanding just as fast as prices drop on hard disc. No matter how much drive space is available it eventually gets used up, slows your system and network down, and you get cramped for space. And, it’s expensive to maintain and manage ever increasing backups. DiskFerret can reduce your cost by helping you quickly find and eliminate unwanted or unused data.
Version 1.4.3 is Now Available
Our latest version includes a new Search utility that includes powerful features to help you find the files you need fast! Search by name, date, owner, attributes, date, and size. And, search for text within files. Combine any of the search criteria to find the exact files you need. The search dialog makes it easy, and if you are a real power user you'll love the regular expression capability built into DiskFerret's search engine.
DiskFerret v1.4.3 has been tested to meet all of the technical requirements to be "Compatible with Windows® 7".
Only "Compatible with Windows® 7" software and devices have passed Microsoft-designed tests for compatibility and reliability on PCs running the Windows 7 operating system. "Compatible with Windows 7" products install without worry and run reliably with Windows 7.
"Compatible with Windows 7" software:
- Is tested for compatibility and reliability on Windows 7.
- Passed Microsoft designed tests to minimize the possibility of crashes, hangs, and reboots.
- Represents a commitment that the product will continue to work over the life of Windows 7.
- Meets privacy standards set forth by the Anti-Spyware Coalition.
- Installs cleanly and reliably.
- Eliminates unnecessary reboots.
- Ensures compatibility with Windows 7, both 32-bit and 64-bit editions.
DiskFerret is now signed with a Microsoft Authenticode Certificates from VeriSign. VeriSign® Code Signing Certificates for Microsoft® Authenticode® authenticate DiskFerret's identity and validates code integrity. What this means for you is:
- Proves DiskFerret's identity via the most trusted certificate authority.
- Guarantees that DiskFerret can't be modified by malicious software or individuals.
- Ensures that DiskFerret is safe to download and install.
Miscellaneous enhancements and fixes:
- Transparent repeating image displayed over a data view to indicate that the view is filtered or in search mode.
- After selecting home, clicking a slice of a pie chart will not display the selected sub-folder.
- Fixed several issues with hard links, junction points, mount points, symbolic links and shortcuts.
- Document DiskFerret behavior for links and shortcuts.
- Added ability to release license (for purpose of moving to another computer).
- Changed Filter dialog to include clarity and instructions to user.
- Added Visual C++ 2008 redistributable to installer.
- Removed Substance look and feel (low use skins, and reduces application footprint).
- Changed license agreement to allow non-simultaneously use by a single user on up to 3 fixed computers.
- Pie chart labels improved to display more labels when aspect ratio of screen allows.
- Corrected problem where "Expand node on single click" setting could result in an underlying node to be selected when navigating via the tree view.
- Corrected rare problem where pie chart would display only 1 color.
- Applet fails to open Configuration dialog.
- Corrected several dialog layouts to handle various skins.
- Added file create and access date to filtering capabilities.
- Table column width and visibility retained across sessions.
- Deleting a duplicate file does not rescan.
- Correct installer for Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012.
If you are new to DiskFerret, download our latest version and check it out. If you are aleady a licensed user of version 1.x you can download and install version 1.4.3 at no additional fee.
See previous release notes here.