- The cleanup wizard is an easy to use interface that guides you step by step through a series of choices to free up disk space and remove unwanted information from your system. In addition to removing files that are not needed and not used by any applications on your system the clean up wizard allows you to clean up your Internet Explorer cache, cookies, history and also your desktop run and document histories.
- Navigate to drives, network resources, and folders in a Windows Explorer like tree view.
- DiskFerret’s data views provide a consistent, easy to use collection of charts and tables to display various views of disk space usage. Views are provided for disk space per folder and file, top files, files types, duplicate files, file distribution and owner.
Charts and Tables
- Display folders and files by size and quickly drill down to sub–folders utilizing the most space.
Duplicate File View
- Identify duplicate files within a drive, network share, or folder. Criteria for determining duplicates can be configured to use any combination of file name, size, date and CRC-32 checksum.
- Find out which users are using the most disk space and where their files are located.
Top Files View
- Quickly find the 50 largest files within a drive, network share or folder. The top files view also provides options to view the top 50 smallest, newest and oldest files.
File Type View
- Analyze utilization of a drive, network share or folder by file type.
File Distribution View
- Determine utilization by file size, date or attribute.
- Each data view can be displayed as a pie chart, bar chart, treemap chart, ring chart or as a table.
- The pie chart is a circular chart divided into sectors, illustrating the relative disk space occupied by each folder.
- The bar chart or bar graph is a chart with rectangular bars with lengths proportional to the disk space that they represent.
- The treemap chart displays file system data as a set of nested rectangles. Each folder is given a rectangle, which is then tiled with smaller rectangles representing subfolders or files.
- The ring chart is a circular chart, very similar to a pie chart that is divided into sections, illustrating the relative disk space occupied by each folder.
- The Table View is similar to a spreadsheet. It displays multiple cells that together make up a grid consisting of columns and rows, with each cell containing various data pertaining to a folder or file.
- Search includes powerful features to help you find the files you need fast! Search by name, date, owner, attributes, date, and size. And, search for text within files. Combine any of the search criteria to find the exact files you need. The search dialog makes it easy, and if you are a real power user you'll love the regular expression capability built into DiskFerret's search engine.
- Pick from a variety of high quality skins to suit your individual style for graphical user interface look and feel.
- Filters provide a method to specify file types and file names that you want to include or exclude from analysis. DiskFerret is delivered with pre-configured filters for Audio Files, Data & Document Files, Executable Files, Image Files, Temporary & Backup Files, and Video Files. Use filters to quickly change your view of a drive, network share or folder to isolate the location where a user has stored their family vacation pictures or personal music collection.
Exclude Folders and Files
- In addition to filters, DiskFerret provides for globally excluding specified folders or files as well as excluding files by attribute (e.g., system files), date and size. This let you specify folders, such as the c:\windows folder, that you do not want included in the data views.
Delete and Zip
- Unwanted folders and files can be deleted or zipped. Zip options include copying or moving files to the destination zip file.
File Open, Save, Save As
- File Open, Save, Save As functions allow you to save scans and open them later or share with others. DiskFerret scan file have an extension of .dfscan. A file association is established when DiskFerret is installed, therefore double clicking a DiskFerret scan file in Windows Explorer will launch DiskFerret and display the information contained in the scan file.
- Print any data view.